OVERVIEW – ANDERSON (SC) - YELLOW JACKET INVITE
SCORES: Anderson Trojans 3, Northwood Timberwolves 0 (25-21, 25-18, 25-18)
RECORDS: Northwood (0-3), Anderson (2-0)
LOCATION: Callan Athletic Center – Anderson, Ohio
RECAP: Northwood dropped a 3-0 match to Anderson to finish the Yellow Jacket Invite Saturday (September 7).
INSIDE THE MATCH - ANDERSON
- Northwood led 16-13 midway through the opening set before the Trojans finished strong. With the score tied 20-20, AU earned five of the final six points to take the 1-0 lead. Anderson had the edge offensively in the opening set, hitting .300 (19-7-40) compared to Northwood at .081 (10-7-37).
- The Timberwolves scored the first two points of the second set but that proved to be their only lead of the set. Anderson took the lead for good at 4-3 and led by as many as nine points on their way to a 25-18 set victory. NU's offense did have a better performance in the second, finishing at .267 (10-2-30). The Trojans hit .095 in the frame (12-8-42).
- Anderson went up 5-4 early in the third and did not look back. The Timberwolves trailed 16-13 when the Trojans scored seven of the next 10 points to put the match away. The defenses were the story of the third – Anderson hit just .081 (8-5-37) while Northwood finished at -.050 (6-8-40).
- HITTING: Northwood: .084 (26-17-107), Anderson: .160 (39-20-119)
- DIGS: Northwood 53 (Loren Westlake – 17), Anderson 59
- BLOCKS: Northwood 6.0 (Zyla Kadriu/Mary Gallagher – 5), Anderson6.0
- ACES: Northwood 5 (Carson Rutherford – 2), Anderson 11
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Rutherford: Eight kills, two aces, 10 digs
- Karlie Wengorovius: Six kills, two blocks
- Zyla Kadriu: 23 assists, three blocks
- Northwood will travel to the Hillsdale Invitational September 13-14, opening with a match against Clarion Friday at 1 p.m.