OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 3, Purdue Northwest Pride 1 (25-18, 25-19, 20-25, 25-14)
RECORDS: Northwood (4-8, 4-1 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (4-9, 2-3 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood defeats Purdue Northwest 3-1 at home Saturday (September 28).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- Northwood had a strong start to the first set, taking a 9-3 lead early on. The Timberwolves held a fairly comfortable lead throughout most of rest of the set, eventually claiming the first set 25-18. Northwood hit .160 (9-5-25) to Purdue Northwest's .000 (9-9-32).
- The second set had runs for both teams. Purdue Northwest found their stride early, jumping out to a 6-1 lead early. The Timberwolves answered with a 7-1 run of their own to tie the set back up. Both teams exchanged small runs until Northwood scored six of the final seven points to win the set 25-19. Both teams' attacks were significantly higher in the second set, with Northwood outhitting Parkside .364 (16-4-33) to .267 (12-4-30).
- The Pride had another strong start to the third set, holding an 11-5 advantage early on. Northwood trailed for most of the set, keeping it close throughout. Purdue Northwest held onto their lead to win 25-20. Northwood hit .132 (15-10-38) to Purdue Northwest's .235 (12-4-34).
- The Timberwolves began the fourth set with a commanding 9-2 run. Northwood was able to hold onto a comfortable lead throughout the set to eventually claim the set 25-14 and win the match 3-1. Northwood hit .538 (16-2-26) in the set while Purdue Northwest finished at .129 (8-4-31).
- HITTING: Northwood .287 (56-21-122), Parkside .157 (41-21-127)
- DIGS: Northwood 53 (Mackenzie Kepler - twelve), Parkside 41
- BLOCKS: Northwood 7 (Carson Rutherford - four), Parkside 8
- ACES: Northwood 5 (five players - one), Parkside 4
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Mackenzie Kepler: 13 kills, twelve digs
- Hannah Siegel: 10 kills, three blocks, .600 attack percentage (10-1-15)
- Karlie Wengorovius: 12 kills, three blocks, .526 attack percentage (12-2-19)
- Macy Lintz: 47 assists, 10 digs
- Northwood will host Michigan Tech Friday night (October 5). Match time is set for 7 p.m.