OVERVIEW – GRAND VALLEY STATE
SCORE: Grand Valley State Lakers 3, Northwood Timberwolves 2 (25-15, 25-22, 25-19)
RECORDS: Grand Valley State (8-9, 4-5 GLIAC), Northwood (4-12, 4-5 GLIAC)
LOCATION: GVSU Fieldhouse Arena – Allendale, Mich.
RECAP: Volleyball drops 3-0 match at Grand Valley State Saturday afternoon (October 12).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The opening set was decided right away, as the Lakers put up the opening nine points of the match. GVSU eventually led 13-1 on their way to a 25-15 opening set win. NU's offense struggled in the first, hitting -.059 (8-10-34). GVSU ended the set at .194 (11-5-31).
- Grand Valley State got off to another hot start in the second set, going up 5-1 early. The Timberwolves trailed 14-9 before going on a 6-0 run to go on top 15-14. Late in the set NU was down one at 23-22 when the Lakers registered the final two points to win 25-22. Northwood was slightly better offensively in the second but still hit just .051 (9-7-39). The Lakers finished at .146 (14-8-41).
- The final set was back-and-forth before the Lakers closed out the sweep. The Lakers led 18-17 when GVSU scored seven of the final nine points of the set to close out the match. Northwood ended the third set hitting .205 (14-5-44). Grand Valley State finished the third at .244 (13-3-41).
- HITTING: Northwood .077 (31-22-117), Grand Valley State .195 (38-16-113)
- DIGS: Northwood 53 (Lauren Bell – 13), Grand Valley State 58
- BLOCKS: Northwood 3 (Three players – one), Grand Valley State 9
- ACES: Northwood 2 (Macy Lintz – two), Grand Valley State 9
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Northwood will compete at the Midwest Crossover October 18-19.