OVERVIEW – SAGINAW VALLEY
SCORE: Saginaw Valley State Cardinals 3, Northwood Timberwolves 1 (25-23, 25-18, 20-25, 25-17)
RECORDS: Saginaw Valley (17-7, 9-5 GLIAC), Northwood (5-19, 5-8 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Riepma Arena – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood falls to Saginaw Valley 3-1 at home Saturday (November 2).
INSIDE THE MATCH
- The beginning of the first set was very competitive and back-and-forth, with Northwood holding a slim advantage for most of it. Both teams exchanged small runs until the set was tied at 23-23. The Cardinals were able to score the final two points to claim the set 25-23. Saginaw Valley hit .220 (17-8-41) to Northwood's .250 (14-5-36).
- The Cardinals kept their momentum going into the second set, jumping out to a 14-6 lead. Saginaw Valley held a fairly comfortable lead for the entire set and eventually won 25-18. The Cardinals hit .324 (15-3-37) while the Timberwolves hit just .075 (10-7-40).
- The Timberwolves turned it around in the beginning of the third set, jumping out to an early 5-2 lead. The Cardinals by going on a run and evening the set at 10-10. Both teams exchanged small runs until Northwood took a 22-17 advantage. Northwood went on to take the set 25-20. The Timberwolves hit .294 (15-5-34) while the Cardinals were held to .050 (10-8-40).
- Saginaw Valley jumped out to an early 4-0 lead in the fourth set. They held a comfortable lead for the majority of the set, pulling away at the end to claim the set 25–17 and win the match 3-1. The Cardinals hit .364 (16-4-33) to the Timberwolves' .094 (9-6-32).
- HITTING: Northwood .176 (48-23-142), Saginaw Valley .232 (58-23-151)
- DIGS: Northwood 60 (Lauren Bell – 19), Saginaw Valley 68
- BLOCKS: Northwood 12 (Karlie Wengorovius – six), Saginaw Valley 6
- ACES: Northwood 4 (Venera Kadriu - two), Saginaw Valley 5
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Karlie Wengovorius: Seven kills, seven blocks
- Grace Rekeweg: 13 kills, 8 digs
- Bell: 19 digs
- Macy Lintz: 37 assists, 11 digs
- Northwood will travel to Northern Michigan Friday night (November 8). Match time is set for 4:30 p.m.