OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORES: Northwood Timberwolves 10, Purdue Northwest Pride 4
RECORDS: Northwood (12-3, 4-1 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (6-8, 0-5 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Gerace Stadium – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood opens weekend series with 10-4 win over Purdue Northwest at home Friday (April 9).
- The game was held scoreless until the bottom of the third inning. Jacob Rybicki reached home on an RBI groundout by Cole Brooks to start the scoring for the Timberwolves.
- Connor Kin added two more in the inning with a two-run homerun to right field.
- An RBI single from Matt Magno extended the NU lead to 4-0 after three innings.
- Northwood added one more in the bottom of the fourth thanks to an RBI triple by David Jeffers.
- Magno's solo homer to left field pushed the NU advantage to 6-0 in the bottom of the fifth.
- The Pride plated two runs in the sixth to cut the Timberwolf lead to 6-2.
- RBI doubles from Jeffers and Kin pushed across two more runs for Northwood in the bottom of the inning, putting the score at 8-2.
- Lawson Burnett made it 10-2 in the seventh with a two-run homerun.
- Purdue Northwest put two more runs on the board to round out the scoring in the top of the ninth.
GAME ONE STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Northwood 10/15/1, Purdue Northwest 4/11/1
- Runners left on base: Northwood 7, Purdue Northwest 7
- Winning Pitcher – Derek Clark (4-0): 7.1 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 5 K
- Losing Pitcher – Anthony Noble (0-2): 5 IP, 10 H, 6 R (2 ER), 0 BB, 1 K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Rybicki: 3-4, 3 R, 4 SB
- Kin: 2-5, HR, 3 RBI, R
- Magno: 3-4, HR, 2 RBI, R
- Jeffers: 2-5, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R
- Burnett: 1-4, HR, 2 RBI, R
- Northwood and Purdue Northwest will play a doubleheader Saturday (April 10). Game time is set for 1 p.m.