OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORES: Purdue Northwest Pride 3, Northwood Timberwolves 2 / Northwood 13, Purdue Northwest 7
RECORDS: Northwood (13-4, 5-2 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (7-9, 1-6 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Gerace Stadium – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood splits doubleheader versus Purdue Northwest Saturday (April 10), with PNW winning game one 3-2 before the Timberwolves won the nightcap 13-7.
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS (SEVEN INNINGS)
- Facing one of the top pitchers in the GLIAC in PNW's Chad Patrick, Northwood took the lead in the opening inning on a Conner Kin RBI double.
- The Timberwolves doubled their lead in the third on a wild pitch that scored Michael Karam that made the score 2-0.
- NU had a chance to add to their lead in the fourth but left the bases loaded.
- The scored remained 2-0 until the sixth, when the Pride scored all three of their runs in the game.
- Patrick got better as the game went on and eventually struck out 13 Timberwolves.
GAME ONE STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Northwood 2/7/1, Purdue Northwest 3/7/0
- Runners left on base: Northwood 6, Purdue Northwest 6
- Winning Pitcher – Chad Patrick (4-1): 7 IP, 7 H, 2 R, BB, 13 K
- Losing Pitcher – Logan Lee (4-1): 5 2/3 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 5 K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Karam: 2-3, 2B, R
- Brooks: 2-3, R
- Kin, 1-3, 2B, RBI
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS (NINE INNINGS)
- After being shut down over the final four innings of game one, Northwood got rolling in the first inning of game two. Three batters in, Cole Brooks made the score 2-0 with a two-run double.
- Later in the inning, Carson Longstreth made it 3-0 with an RBI on an error.
- Purdue Northwest responded with three runs of their own in the top of the second to level the score.
- Northwood went back on top in the bottom of the third inning when Cole Brooks scored on a wild pitch.
- David Jeffers extended the lead in the fourth with a solo home run that put the Timberwolves on top 5-3.
- The biggest inning of the contest came in the bottom of the seventh, which started with a Connor Kin three-run homer to right that made the score 8-3.
- Jacob Rybicki added a bases loaded walk, which was followed by a two-run single by Jeffers to make the score 11-3.
- Brooks and Kin added RBI singles later in the seventh to cap an eight-run inning and push the lead to 13-3.
- PNW plated four in the ninth to close out the scoring.
GAME TWO STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Northwood 13/10/1, Purdue Northwest 7/13/2
- Runners left on base: Northwood 7, Purdue Northwest 8
- Winning Pitcher – Drew Schultz (2-0): 7 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 5 K
- Losing Pitcher – Jake Hansen (1-1): 2 1/3 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 5 BB, K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Jeffers: 2-4, HR, 4 R, 3 RBIs
- Brooks: 3-4, 2 2B, 3 R, 3 RBIs
- Kin: 2-4, HR, 4 RBIs
- Northwood and Purdue Northwest will finish their weekend series with a nine inning game Sunday (April 11). First pitch is set for Noon.