OVERVIEW – PURDUE NORTHWEST
SCORES: Northwood Timberwolves 9, Purdue Northwest Pride 7
RECORDS: Northwood (14-4, 6-2 GLIAC), Purdue Northwest (7-10, 1-7)
LOCATION: Gerace Stadium – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood edges out Purdue Northwest 9-7 Sunday (April 11), giving the Timberwolves a weekend series win
- The Pride pushed across a run in the bottom of the second inning to jump out to an early lead.
- Purdue Northwest continued their scoring in the third, plating another run to take the 2-0 advantage.
- The Timberwolves were able to even the score in the bottom of the fourth. Matt Magno brought home Cole Brooks with an RBI single. A sacrifice fly from Rhett Evans scored Connor Kin, putting the score at 2-2.
- Kin gave NU their first lead of the game in the fifth with a three-run home run to left field to make the score 5-2.
- The Pride responded right away, pushing across two runs to make the score 5-4 in the top of the sixth.
- PNW added a run in the top of the seventh to tie the game.
- Northwood responded by pushing across four runs in the bottom of the inning. Magno got the scoring going with an RBI groundout to score Brooks. A two-RBI double from Joey Johnston and an RBI single from Mike Karam gave NU a 9-5 advantage.
- The Pride made it interesting in the ninth, scoring two and getting the tying run on base before the Timberwolves closed out the win.
GAME ONE STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Northwood 9/10/1, Purdue Northwest 7/16/2
- Runners left on base: Northwood 10, Purdue Northwest 14
- Winning Pitcher – Hunter McShane (2-0): 1.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, BB
- Losing Pitcher – Andrew Farbak (0-2): IP, 2 H, 3 R, 2 BB, K
- Save – Jake Jekielek (1): IP, H, BB, K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Kin: 3-5, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R
- Johnston: 1-3, 2B, 2 RBI, R
- Brooks: 2-5, 2B, 2 R
- Northwood will travel to Ashland for a four game series, starting Friday (April 16) at 3 p.m.