OVERVIEW – Parkside
SCORES: Northwood Timberwolves 3, Parkside Rangers 2/Northwood Timberwolves 10, Parkside Rangers 1
RECORDS: Northwood (23-10, 14-8 GLIAC), Parkside (2-23, 2-16 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Gerace Stadium – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Baseball takes two games against Parkside at home Saturday (May 8), winning game one 3-2 before claiming a 10-1 victory in game two.
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS (SEVEN INNINGS)
- Rhett Evans started the scoring for the Timberwolves with a solo home run to left field in the bottom of the second inning.
- Northwood extended their lead to 2-0 in the third inning thanks to an RBI single from Evans that drove home Cole Brooks.
- The Rangers got on the board in the top of the sixth inning to put the score at 2-1.
- Brooks added an RBI single to left field to score Mike Karam and extend the NU advantage to 3-1.
- Parkside made it interesting in the seventh, scoring a run to get within one at 3-2. The Rangers had two runners on base when the Timberwolves closed out the victory.
GAME ONE STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Northwood 3/11/0, Parkside 2/6/1
- Runners left on base: Northwood 10, Parkside 8
- Winning Pitcher – Alan LaBov (4-0): 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 6 K
- Losing Pitcher – Aaron Cusimano (1-6): 6 IP, 11 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 2 K
- Save – Derek Clark (1): 1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 1 K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Evans: 2-3, HR, 2 RBI, R
- Brooks: 2-4, RBI
- Jeffers/Karam: 2-3, R
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS (NINE INNINGS)
- A strong first inning for the Timberwolves set the tone for the game. It began when Matt Magno cleared the bases with a three RBI double to left center.
- Evans followed with an RBI single to plate Magno for the early 4-0 NU lead.
- Connor Kin hit a solo shot to right field to extend the Northwood lead in the bottom of the third.
- The Timberwolves plated three runs in the bottom of the fifth inning, starting with a run on a wild pitch
- Michael Karam then drove home a pair on a double to make the score 8-0.
- A Carson Longstreth RBI single plated Magno to put the NU lead at 9-0 in the bottom of the sixth.
- An RBI groundout by Brooks plated Jacob Rybicki for the Timberwolves' tenth run of the game.
- The Rangers reached home in the top of the ninth to make the final score 10-1.
GAME TWO STATS
- Runs/Hits/Errors: Northwood 10/13/1, Parkside 1/7/0
- Runners left on base: Northwood 9, Parkside 8
- Winning Pitcher – Drew Schultz (4-1): 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K
- Losing Pitcher – Jake Macaluso (0-2): 4.2 IP, 8 H, 8 R, 3 BB, 4 K
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Magno: 3-4, 3 RBI, 3 R
- Kin: 2-3, RBI, 2 R
- Jeffers: 3-5, 2B, R
- Rybicki: 2-4, 2 R
- Northwood play their final home game of the season Sunday for senior day, taking on Parkside in another doubleheader. First pitch is set for Noon.