OVERVIEW – ASHLAND
SCORE: Ashland Eagles 4, Northwood Timberwolves 1
RECORDS: Ashland (1-0-0, 1-0-0 GLIAC), Northwood (1-1-1, 1-1-1 GLIAC)
LOCATION: Hanson Stadium – Midland, Mich.
RECAP: Northwood falls to Ashland 4-1 in their home opener Friday afternoon (March 26).
- Northwood played well early but were unable to net the opening goal. The Eagles got on the board first in the 23rd minute of the match to take an early 1-0 lead.
- Ashland's momentum continued throughout the first half, finding the back of the net just five minutes later to extend their lead to 2-0 at 27:47.
- Neither team scored for the remainder of the first half, with the score at 2-0 going into the break. The Eagles had the advantage in shots, taking eleven to the Timberwolves five.
- Ashland netted another goal at 55:26, extending the Eagle lead to 3-0 early in the second half.
- The Eagles struck once again in the 65th minute of the match to further their advantage to 4-0.
- At 88:31, Adyson Laurin netted Northwood's first and only goal of the game to cut into the Ashland lead. Laurin found a loose ball off a corner kick to net her first career goal.
- Shots: Northwood 6, Ashland 16
- Saves: Northwood 8 (Bridget Adams), Ashland 2 (Hannah Lee)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 2, Ashland 7
- Fouls: Northwood 6, Ashland 11
TOP NU PERFORMERS
- Laurin: Goal
- Adams: 8 saves
- The Timberwolves will host Saginaw Valley on Sunday (March 28). Match time is set for 2:30 p.m.