OVERVIEW – UPPER IOWA
SCORE: Northwood Timberwolves 3, Upper Iowa Peacocks 2
RECORDS: Northwood 1-1, 1-1 GLIAC, Upper Iowa 0-2, 0-2 GLIAC
LOCATION: Fayette, Iowa.
RECAP: Northwood men's soccer picks up its first win of the season Sunday afternoon (March 14), defeating Upper Iowa 3-2.
- Northwood got the scoring going at the 23:57 mark on a goal from Amedeo Crovasce, which was assisted by George Caudwell to put NU up 1-0.
- Crovasce then made it 2-0 just over four minutes later when he converted a penalty to make the score 2-0.
- The Peacocks cut lead to one with a goal in the 34th minute to send the game to the break with Northwood leading 2-1. The Timberwolves held a 10-9 edge in shots in the first half while Upper Iowa had a 5-3 advantage in corner kicks.
- Upper Iowa leveled the game at the 62:37 mark to make the score 2-2.
- Northwood earned the win with the game-winner at the 80:17 mark. Charlie Evans finished a feed from Crovasce. That proved to be the final goal of the contest.
- Shots: Northwood 27, Upper Iowa 13
- Saves: Northwood 3 (Robert Gjelaj), Upper Iowa 3 (Reighly Schultz)
- Corner Kicks: Northwood 8, Upper Iowa 6
- Crovasce: Two goals, assist
- Evans: Goal
- The Timberwolves will travel to Saginaw Valley Sunday (March 21). Match time is set for 1 p.m.